Information we collect:
- When you visit DohaTreats website you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you actively choose to disclose (“Active Information”) and usage information collected, in a way not visible to you, on an aggregate anonymous basis as you and others browse DohaTreats website (“Passive Information”).
Active Information You Choose to Provide
- We may receive and store any information you choose to enter on the DohaTreats website or provide to us in any other way (such as email, regular mail, Qatar ID Number, or telephone contact).
- This website generally collects personally identifying information with your specific knowledge and consent. For example, when you register for a user account, subscribe to our publication, make a purchase, create a user profile, enter a contest, complete a survey, sign up for a newsletter, use our forums, leave a comment, or register for any of our services, you will be asked to provide information such as your name, email address, address, or phone number.
- Other optional demographic information such as your age, gender, or educational level etc. may also be requested.
- If you provide personally identifiable information, it will be used to provide you with the service you have requested.
Passive Information Collected
- DohaTreats website utilizes standard technologies called “cookies” and "log files" to collect information about how the website is used. Passive Information gathered may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, the websites visited just before and just after DohaTreats, time spent on DohaTreats website, what type of web browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- Information is collected on an aggregate basis without any association to your personal information so that you remain anonymous.
- If you do not wish to transmit “cookie” information about yourself, you may turn off the cookie function in your web browser; please consult the “Help” section of your browser to correctly do so.
How do we use the information collected?
- Broadly speaking, persons we employ directly, or as contractors or agents at our direction use Active Information for purposes of administering our business activities, providing customer services such as support, and making available other products or services we think may be of interest to our users. If you provided personally identifiable information in order to receive a specific service or product, it will be used to provide you with the service or product you have requested.
- We may use the Active Information or Passive Information you provide to us to contact you about changes to our website, new services, forgotten passwords, contest winnings, changes to our agreements and policies, features or products we offer, or other information we think you shall find valuable. If at any time you do not wish to receive such information, please send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons.
- We may be required by law or government agencies to disclose both Active and Passive Information you have provided to us.
This may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, in which case we may combine this data with information we already have about you so that we can update, expand and analyze the accuracy of our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.